Friday, July 20, 2007

My Pond., favorite feature of my garden.





Anyone who knows me will tell you that I love the garden and that my pond is my favorite spot.

I have had a pond for about 8 years or more. Omy and Catie dug the first pond after we remodeled the family room, so that would be about 8 years ago. We dropped in a hard vinyl liner and that was a start. All 250 gallons.

Everything I know about pond keeping I learned by doing, pond tours, the internet and sorry trial and error. Omy and I were so happy to have finished the first pond, we went out to WalMart and bought about a dozen feeder fish and found them all dead the next morning.

Summer 2005 we decided to give each other a 50th Birthday gift of a new pond. We hired a garden contractor Ripple Effects in Redwood City, CA. They dug us a new pond and installed all the rocks and plants. We now have a pond of 850 gallons and a lot of plants and some great koi and gold fish. All of my goldfish were rescued from the feeder fish tank and they have thrived.

So raccoons!! Keep out!!

No comments:

Jacquie Lawson e-cards

Even some pets have a blog, so why not me?

More and more we live our lives in the ether. It is easy to be the armchair expert when we need less and less to look our audience in the eye.

Last semester I took a "teaching and learning with technology" class and I started to become familiar with the great ether in a more usable way. so I decided to try it out.

But there are so many places to go and I must use my time wisely. Entertainment has never been so easy or more time consuming.