Friday, July 20, 2007

Masked Bandits Strike in Fremont!!

Do they look Cute?


The little critters look cute and cuddly, but don't trust that innocent look.

They are pond marauders of the worst kind! Little creeps! Sometime last night or early this morning, my largest koi fell victim to a raccoon attack.

How was I sure? Over the years I have developed the eye of a naturalist. I know when a plant, a flower bed, OR MY POND has been disturbed.

First I noted that there was water on the side of the pond, then that the parrot's feather and the water lilies were in a jumble. I followed the wet and the dog to the place where I found scales and fins. then the little scavenger took the fish to the side where the shed it and finished it off. Again I found BIG scale and fin parts. To add insult to injury, I found evidence all over the back yard in 4 different places. I knew they got a big fish when I found the big scales.

Well, I am upset and I feel like sitting on the patio all night long with a rifle.........BUT I'm not going to do that, don't worry.

I know, someone is going to tell me"blah blah....the food chain....blah blah......back yard pond...blah blah.......predator..blah blah...prey...nature...more food chain...blah blah." GIVE UP!! I am mad! There was a trespasser in my yard and I have to figure out an extra layer of protection for the pond.

Not a Raccoon fan,

Maria




No comments:

Jacquie Lawson e-cards

Even some pets have a blog, so why not me?

More and more we live our lives in the ether. It is easy to be the armchair expert when we need less and less to look our audience in the eye.

Last semester I took a "teaching and learning with technology" class and I started to become familiar with the great ether in a more usable way. so I decided to try it out.

But there are so many places to go and I must use my time wisely. Entertainment has never been so easy or more time consuming.